Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bad n worse

26/11.....About a yr ago. I jus came home 4m colg in d eveng n my cousin ws watching d news. TAJ ATTACKED....NARIMAN HOUSE, TRIDENT, CST RAILWAY STN, firing n bombarding....I was shocked.....Mumbai was witnessing a terror attack. But wat i saw nxt caught my breath somewer in d middle of my throat - A BOMB EXPLODED IN A TAXI ON THE WESTERN EXPRESS HIGHWAY NEAR VILLE PARLE KILLING 5 AND INJURING 12 OTHERS.... I froze. It was the same route I took everyday n i was on dat road about an hour ago. The death meter was increasing by the minute. Every half an hour it scrolled below the TV screen - 21 dead, 35 dead, 60 dead. It wouldn't stop. Ppl were scared of leaving their homes. No one even dared to step on the roads. Those morons were busy killing people as we kill ants wid baygon. High alert, network jammed. U didn't kno where ur family n frnds were. Were they safe....? Panic had gripped the city.U neva kno wen u'll get a call saying ur mom, or dad, or bro/sis, or some frnd has not yet reached home. Fear was dwelling in the minds of each n every person. It took 60 long hours to overcome the diasaster. Finally it was the victory of the soldiers n the demise of the attackers. Bt at d cost of so many civilians n our brave officers.
Two days later I visited the Taj....a heritage monument, a symbol of national pride was all black wid soot on one side. It was a dark spot on the face of Mumbai.


Today I was watching the news. SWINE FLU OUTBREAK IN PUNE. 10 dead in India out of wich 6 r frm Pune. Hundreds of suspects found in Pimpri Chinchwad itself. Hostelites r fleeing to their hometowns in large numbers. Buses trains overloaded. Tickets not available. Schools, colleges declared off for a week. Malls, multiplexes closed down as preventive measure. Evry 24 hrs the no. of ppl detected ws increasing exponentially. Its an airbourne disease, so u don't have much chance if u accidentally happen 2 jus speak wid an affected person. N by the time u come 2 kno, the virus is already in ur system. N the thing is u can't do anything except wearing masks. Even wid masks hw cn u say the virus is 100 percent obstructed....? U jus can't stop it 4m entering u if u come in its vicinity. Ppl were dying rapidly.
I realised this ws worse than the terror attack. Atleast dat ws over in 2 n a half days n that's that. Routine life resumed. Plus ppl in a specific location were in danger. This is somethng wich is spreading over the entire nation. N God himself knows wen it will stop. The panic in ppl's mind is reaching the zenith. I mean, imagine ppl dying like hell all over the country n u jus can't do anything abt it. It reminded me of the plague epidemic that broke out in the 19th century in the reign of Rand. I pray 2 God this doesn't reach dat extent. Well, dats d only thing i can do....

I am going home 2moro. Ppl r advising me aginst it. Pune has become an epicentre of d disease. Bt hw cn I stay here in Mumbai wen all my family n frnds r in Pune....? Isn't it cowardly 2 hide myself in Mumbai jus bcoz I shoudn't be affected...? N wat if my mom, dad or sis falls ill....? I can't jus sit here n watch d show on tv....It feels helpless. I need 2 go 2 pune. I jus need to. It's my birthplace. It's where i belong....I jus can't see it been devastated. I'm taking d 1st train out of here n do watever i can to help my ppl.....

2 comments:

  1. too gud saddu!! come home waiting for u!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great... never thought of such a situation as i am never awayfrom my family.

    ReplyDelete

Live Traffic Feed